Friday, May 16, 2014

Child Support: How Trusted Family Lawyers in Indianapolis Can Help

Non-custodial parents should also make it a point to keep in mind exactly where child support payments should go. As any reliable Indianapolis family law attorney would know, child support payments must be made to the court clerk in the county where the divorce was finalized.

In addition, court clerks accept only cash, certified checks, and payments via money as they have neither the time nor the resources to collect on personal checks drawn from insufficient funds. Upon settlement, the clerk will then issue the non-custodial parent a valid receipt, which states that child support has been duly paid. The court then sends the funds to the child’s legal guardian or custodial parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment